This notice explains how Busy Bee Life Insurance Services, which is a trading style of Caspian Assured Ltd, (referred to as “us”, “we”, or “our”) may collect, use and process your personal information. By giving us (or allowing us to collect) your personal information you agree to us using that information as set out in this notice.
Who are we?
Busy Bee Life Insurance Services is a trading style of Caspian Assured Ltd, directly authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm reference number 788964. Our registered office is: Norfolk House, 7 Norfolk Street, Manchester, M2 1DW. Caspian Assured Ltd is a data controller and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ZA192229). For any enquiries regarding data protection please contact us at: [email protected] or 0800 470 0429.
What information do we collect from you?
The personal information we collect about you will vary depending on the financial product and/or service we advertise. We may collect the following personal information:
- Name, date of birth, gender, marital status and contact details (including address, phone number and email address), proof of identity.
- Details of your spouse or partner, a joint applicant, next of kin, dependants, designated beneficiaries or trustees.
- Financial information (including income, expenditure, credit and bank details, loans and credit agreements and any existing insurance arrangements).
- Details of your professional advisers (including financial adviser(s), solicitors and estate agents).
- Employment details, including length of service, salary, place(s) of work, type of work undertaken, sick pay and salary/bonus entitlements.
- Device IDs, IP addresses, cookie data, and location. A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website that you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings that can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience.
- Sensitive personal information such as health information (for example alcohol consumed, recreational drug use, tobacco use, current state of health, existing conditions, family or personal history in relation to some conditions).
- Criminal convictions. This is relevant to insurance related activities such as underwriting, claims and fraud management.
We will always be clear to explain when and why we need this information and the purposes for which we will use it and will obtain your explicit consent to use sensitive personal information.
In the course of handling your personal information, we may record and store it on paper files, mobile devices and on our computer systems (websites, email, hard drives, and cloud facilities). Your information can only be accessed by employees and consultants within our firm and only when it is necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administrative tasks associated with or incidental to that service or to comply with any regulatory or legal obligations.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register for quotes and/or policies, telephone our office, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website and/or use certain other site features.
Why do we collect personal information?
We use your personal information:
- To provide you with our services.
- To validate your identity;
- To respond to your enquiries about financial products and/or services;
- To improve the quality of our services and develop new ones;
- To provide you with information about products and/or services (unless you tell us not to, see below for more details) and for marketing and business development in connection with our customers;
- For arrears purposes and to manage and administer your financial products and/or services, claims and our wider relationship with you.
- For research (including market research), anonymisation and analysis (including statistical analysis and customer profiling);
- as otherwise legally required or lawfully permitted under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 (Data Protection Law), including meeting our regulatory, legal and good governance obligations for the prevention or detection of crime (including fraud); and as otherwise notified to you by us from time to time.
How long do we keep your personal information?
When processing your quotes, you gave Busy Bee Life Insurance Services explicit consent to process and retain your information to assist you on your quote and/or application. You also gave your consent for us to use this information for marketing and statistical analysis.
The amount of time we keep your information will depend on the nature of the information and the purpose(s) for which it is being kept. We will hold the information linked to applications and/or quotes made or requested through our website for a minimum of six years. This information will be kept for business needs and to assist us in dealing with any potential disputes or complaints.
We might also keep your information for legitimate business reasons so we can comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. In this case, the period in which we keep your information will be no longer than is strictly necessary.
In no circumstances will your data be kept indefinitely. We keep our data retention policy under regular review.
Your personal information is stored behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. All our customer information is held in line with Data Protection Law.
Who may we share your information with?
We may share your information with:
- Our administrators, service providers, and reinsurers for the day to day provision of our financial products and/or services through secure insurer portals. Sharing of your personal information for the sole purpose of providing financial products does not entitle third parties to send you marketing or promotional messages.
- Service providers, other insurers, guarantors, government and industry bodies; for example, HMRC, ABI, regulatory authorities, fraud and crime prevention organisations and law enforcement agencies.
- Other Caspian Assured Ltd trading styles for the purpose set out in this policy.
- Any companies or people to whom we might in the future sell, or consider selling, our business or part of our business.
- Third parties who operate services to allow you to review, evaluate and obtain financial products and/or services and who allow us to search for policies and assets.
- Any trustees of your policy.
- Any third party you instruct to act on your behalf.
- Google Inc.
- Facebook Inc.
- Snapchat Inc.
- AdRoll Inc; and
Please note not all third parties are mentioned here due to commercial sensitivity. Please email [email protected] to obtain the full list of companies we may have shared your information with.
Where we send your information
We operate primarily in the United Kingdom. However, sometimes we will process your personal information in other countries including those outside of the European Economic Area. Where this happens, we take care to ensure that this processing is carried out by organisations on terms which safeguard the security of your personal information.
Your rights in respect of your personal information
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Law;
- The right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and details of how we process it.
- You may have the right in accordance with the Data Protection Law to have personal information we hold about you rectified or restricted.
- You may have the right to have personal information we hold about you deleted (although we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request).
- In some circumstances, you may have the right to receive or ask for your personal information to be transferred to a third party in soft copy format.
- You have the right to object to how we process your personal information in certain circumstances e.g. you can ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- You have the right to request not to be subject to any automated decision-making processes we operate (although we may not always be able to comply with your request where such activity is a necessary step in providing our services).
- Where we are processing personal information relating to you on the basis that we have your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent at any time (please note this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent). If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
If you have any questions, or wish to exercise any of the above rights please contact: The Data Controller, Data Protection Office, Busy Bee Life Insurance Services, Norfolk House, 7 Norfolk Street, Manchester, M2 1DW.
If you remain dissatisfied once you have contacted us regarding your data or consents you can raise the issue to the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling
Do we use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of our website features may not function as a result. However, you will still be able to get quotes.
We work with Contact State
We work with Contact State in order that we can pass on your request
to our partners correctly. Contact State provides lead validation services
to us and our insurance provider partners and their intermediaries.
Contact State receives "de-identified" data from us about your request -
this means devoid of any contact information, or anything else identifying
you as an individual person in the "real world". It uses that de-identified
data to help confirm your request has been submitted by a "real" human and
not a robot, or automated request generator. This is done by examining a
"browser fingerprint" associated with your request – it contains, for example,
details of the model of device you are using, your Internet browser,
and the region from which you submit your request. Contact State retains
that de-identified data for its own purposes as "data controller" and uses it
to help verify requests submitted through other websites.
We also use Contact State to check some basic details in your submission
(for example, the postcode), and to route your submission in its "raw" plain-text
form to the insurance providers and intermediaries we work with. In doing this,
Contact State acts as our "data processor" - it does not use the raw data
for its own purposes.
If you do not want us to pass your de-identified data to Contact State,
please contact us by emailing [email protected]
You can find out more about how Contact State uses this data here.
Busy Bee Life Insurance Services
7 Norfolk Street
0800 470 0429