This notice explains how Busy Bee Life Insurance Services, which is a trading style of Caspian Assured Ltd, (referred to as “us”, “we”, or “our”) may collect, use and process your personal information. By giving us your personal information you agree to us using that information as set out in this notice.
Who are we?
Busy Bee Life Insurance Services is a trading style of Caspian Assured Ltd, directly authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm reference number 788964. Our registered office is: Norfolk House, 7 Norfolk Street, Manchester, M2 1DW. For any enquiries regarding Data Protection please contact us at: email@example.com or 0800 470 0429.
What information do we collect from you?
The personal information we collect about you will vary depending on the financial product and/or service we advertise. We collect personal information about you which may include:
- name, date of birth, gender, marital status and contact details (including address, phone number and email address), proof of identity;
- details of your spouse or partner, a joint applicant, next of kin, dependants, designated beneficiaries or trustees;
- financial information (including income, expenditure);
- employment details, including length of service, salary, place(s) and type of work undertaken;
- device IDs, IP addresses, cookie data, and location. A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website that you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience.
We will always be clear to explain when and why we need this information and the purposes for which we will use it and will obtain your explicit consent to use sensitive personal information.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register for quotes, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website and/or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (email or phone inquiries).
Why do we collect personal information?
We use your personal information:
- to validate your identity;
- to respond to your enquiries about financial products and/or services;
- to improve the quality of our services and develop new ones;
- to provide you with information about products and/or services (unless you tell us not to, see below for more details) and for Marketing and business development in connection with our customers;
- for research (including market research), anonymisation and analysis (including statistical analysis and customer profiling);
- as otherwise legally required or lawfully permitted under the Data Protection Act, including meeting our regulatory, legal and good governance obligations for the prevention or detection of crime (including fraud); and as otherwise notified to you by us from time to time.
How long do we keep your personal information?
When processing your quotes, you gave Busy Bee Life Insurance explicit consent to process and retain your information to assist you on your application. You also give consent for Busy Bee Life Insurance to use this for marketing and statistical analysis.
The amount of time we keep your information will depend on the nature of the information. We will hold the information linked to applications made in this website for a minimum of six years. This information will be kept for business needs, to address any potential disputes/complaints.
We might also need to hold your information for legitimate business reasons so we can comply with the law. In this case, we will be required to keep your information for however long this might take.
In no circumstances your data will be kept indefinitely. It will only be kept for as long as required by legitimate or regulatory needs.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. All our customer data is held in line with EU and UK General Data Protection Rules.
Should you wish to revoke your consents. Please contact us for assistance.
Who may we share your information with?
We may share your information with:
- Google inc.
- Facebook inc.
- Snapchat Inc.
- AdRoll Inc.
- Fraud and crime prevention organisations and law enforcement agencies;
- Any companies or people that we might in the future sell, or consider selling, our business or part of our business to.
Please notice not all third parties are mentioned here due to commercial sensitivity. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the full list of companies we have shared your information with.
You have the right to be informed/access:
- what information we hold about you. If you would like details of the information we hold about you, just contact us;
- why we have it;
- how long we will keep it;
- where we got it from;
- details of any automated decision-making;
- for any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you to be corrected;
- to have your details erased “the right to be forgotten”;
- if you would prefer not to receive marketing information from us or selected third parties, please contact us using the details provided;
- to revoke your consents at any time.
If you have any questions such as the above please contact: The Data Controller, Data Protection Office, BusyBeeLifeInsurance.co.uk, Trading Style of Caspian Assured Ltd, Norfolk House, 7 Norfolk Street, Manchester, M2 1DW.
If you remain dissatisfied once you have contacted us regarding your data or consents you can raise the issue to the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. That will make your site experience more inefficient and may not function properly. However, you will still be able to get quotes.
Busy Bee Life Insurance Services
7 Norfolk Street